As an SRP Lighting Alliance Contractor, Fox Valley can work with both residential and business customers to gain rebates for upgrading outdated lighting. There are a variety of methods of doing this\
- When replacing old lighting equipment, evaluate new technologies that may need fewer fixtures and/or fewer lamps within existing fixtures.
- Ensure that light levels will remain at adequate levels before changing out technologies and/or reducing number of lamps.
- Where practical, replace incandescent lamps with compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs). Ensure you install compatible dimming technology if CFLs are used along with a dimming system.
- When fluorescent T-12 lamps burn out, consider retrofitting fixtures with T-8 lamps and changing from magnetic ballast to electronic.
- Replace incandescent “EXIT” signs with LED signs. LEDs use about one-tenth the wattage and last 50 times longer than incandescent-lamp signs.
Not only are you updating and improving your space, you are saving money on your electric bill. Interested in saving both money and the environment? Call Fox Valley Electric for more information!